Since 2013, ContourGlobal Bonaire B.V. is responsible for the supply of electricity to the island of Bonaire, with a clear focus on so-called ‘renewable’ energy. For the continuation of its business, ContourGlobal is looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) Caribbean.
As the COO Caribbean, you will be the person ultimately responsible for the operational management of the Bonaire energy plant. Your task – among other things – consists of directing plant operations, personel, maintenance, performance, safety en environmental compliance of the Bonaire plant in line with ContourGlobal practices and philosophy. You will also have a regional responsibility for the operations and maintenance of our operational assets in Guadeloupe and St. Martin for which the operations and maintenance is currently outsourced.
Also, in close cooperation with the ContourGlobal corporate organization, you will be responsible for the elaboration, formalization and continuous improvement of operational and commercial processes.
We are looking for an experienced professional who meets at least the following requirements:
- Technical Degree (University Education) relevant to the energy sector;
- At least 10 years of experience in the O&M of power plants;
- International experience in multicultural environment;
- Proven knowledge on engines power plants;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French is a must;
- Strong communication skills required for a highly matrix organization;
- Ability to work and effectively communicate and collaborate with remote teams;
- Highest level of ethics and personal responsibility;
- Genuine commitment to continuous learning and improvement;
- High degree of comfort performing root cause analysis and examining failures and reporting transparently both good and bad news.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
Interested candidates please send your resume and motivation for the vacancy to Ms. Nathalie Brehmer (email@example.com).